Richard has developed a practice providing representation and advice to multiple government departments and non-government organisations in a broad range of areas.
Richard provides services in relation to negligence claims (including personal injury) and intentional torts such as malicious prosecution, false imprisonment and trespass to person; claims of public interest immunity; and review of administrative decisions in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Prior to being called to the Bar, Richard worked as a solicitor in, inter alia, the NSW Crown Solicitor’s Office and the NSW Police Force. Whilst working at the NSW Police Force, Richard worked on, inter alia, Special Commissions and Coronial Inquests, and also as a Principal Advisor in the Office of the Commissioner. At the Crown Solicitor’s Office Richard had the day-to-day carriage of matters involving claims of, inter alia, intentional torts and negligence claims (including personal injury claims).
Richard also provides services on a pro bono basis to non-government agencies for worthy causes.
List of Cases:
- Lindt Café Siege Inquest;
- Clarke v State of New South Wales (No 5)  NSWSC 28
- BJV v Children’s Guardian  NSWCATAD 26
- Clarke v State of New South Wales  NSWCA 27
- Lederthoug v McMurray (unreported, Magistrate Bradd, 10 July 2015)
- Clarke v State of New South Wales (No. 4)  NSWSC 1054
- BPT v Children’s Guardian  NSWCATAD 134
- BKO v Children’s Guardian  NSWCATAD 110
- Kazas-Rogaris v Gaddam  NSWSC 1465
- BKY v Children’s Guardian  NSWCATAD 201
- Clarke v State of New South Wales (No. 3)  NSWSC 593
- Clarke v State of New South Wales (No. 2)  NSWSC 578
- Gaddam v Kazas-Rogaris (unreported, Magistrate Skinner, 26 March 2014).
- Clarke v State of New South Wales